A. INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE
1. GENERAL BROWSING
The Website gathers navigational information about the areas of the Website that visitors visit. This information allows us to see which areas of our Website are most visited and helps us improve the quality of your online experience by providing more of the most visited and desired features and services. Additional non-personally identifiable information such as domain type, browser version, and service provider may be collected, which will provide information regarding the general use of the Website.
2. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personally identifiable information from you is collected via the Website only when you voluntarily provide us with this information. You can provide us with this personally identifiable information in many instances throughout our Website, including signing up to receive emails about us, and by identifying yourself as a potential donor, social enterprise or partner.
- Categories of personally identifiable information collected online include your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, credit card information, and any other information you choose to provide. The website also automatically collects your Internet Protocol address, the domain name used, the type of browser and operating system you use, the date and time of your visit to the Website, and the web pages or services visited.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
B. EPIC FOUNDATION’S SOCIAL MEDIA SITE PAGES
- Personally identifiable information may be collected directly by the Website through certain social media pages and may also be collected by the social media site hosting Epic Foundation’s social media page, as applicable.
- The social media sites where Epic Foundation has its social media pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to Epic Foundation about visitors' use of our social media pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our social media pages, and users' interaction with content on our social media pages. Overall, this information may be used to help us understand the types of visitors and users of our social media pages and their use of the content.
C. USING INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
- We use the information we collect via the Website or Epic Foundation's social media pages: to establish a relationship and communicate with you; to understand who visits the Website and how we may improve our services to meet preferences and expectations; to process a donation (for example processing a credit card transaction); to issue and deliver a donation tax receipt; to distribute a designated donation to another registered charity; to recognize contributions; to respond to requests for information; meet requirements imposed by law.
- If you no longer wish to receive emails from Epic Foundation, please follow the "unsubscribe" instructions included on every newsletter sent by Epic Foundation.
D. INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Personally identifiable information that you provide will be used only for marketing and promotional purposes by Epic Foundation, its affiliates and partner organizations, and you hereby consent to such use. We do not rent or sell your personally identifiable information entered on the Website to third parties.
- We may use third parties to assist us with this Website. Some examples of the assistance that may be provided to us by third party service providers include: processing payments, monitoring site activity, providing fraud prevention services, conducting surveys, administering and sending mobile messages, and administering emails. Some of these service providers will be located both inside and outside the United States. You hereby consent to the transfer to and processing of your personally identifiable information by such service providers.
- We may disclose specific information about you if required by applicable law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of the Website, the Website itself, or the public.
- If Epic Foundation were ever merged with, acquired by, or to acquire another business entity, some or all of the personally identifiable information collected about you could be shared with this entity, as well as retained by Epic Foundation. In that event, we will make reasonable efforts to have your privacy preferences honored, and you hereby consent to your data being shared in these circumstances.
E. INTERNATIONAL USERS
If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States, your connection will be through servers located in the United States, and information that you provide will be processed and maintained by us in our web servers and internal systems located in the United States. With respect to personally identifiable information you provide to Epic Foundation on the social media pages, once received by Epic Foundation from the social media sites, it is maintained and processed by us on servers and internal systems located in the United States.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
2. THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We use third-party service provider(s) to assist us in better understanding the use of the Website. Our service provider(s) will place cookies on your computer and will receive information that we select that will inform us of things such as how visitors navigate around the Website, identify which features are most used, identify which Products are browsed, and aggregate purchasing information. Our service provider(s) analyzes this information and provides us with aggregate reports. The information and analysis provided by our service provider(s) will be used to assist us in better understanding our visitors' interests in the Website and how to better serve those interests. The information collected by our service provider(s) may be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you while you are visiting the Website.
G. PRIVACY OF CHILDREN ON OUR WEBSITE
Epic Foundation does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of eighteen (18). No information should be submitted to the Website by visitors less than eighteen (18) years of age, and by submitting information to the Website you are affirming that you are at least eighteen (18) years old. We are not liable for any damages that may result from the user’s misrepresentation of age.
I. DIRECT MARKETING
We only use your personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes if we have your consent or are otherwise allowed to do so by law. [You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.] You have the right not to ask us to process your personally identifiable information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use such data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
K. SECURITY STATEMENT
We operate secure data networks provided by industry standard firewall and password protection systems to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. While we use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, we cannot guarantee that data will always remain secure due to transmission errors, outside events, third party hacking or other causes. We will comply with all applicable privacy laws (including the Data Protection Act 1998) and make any legally required disclosures regarding breaches of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of personal data consistent with our ability to determine the scope of a breach and our obligations to law enforcement. Epic Foundation limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data, and Epic Foundation employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. In addition, it is our policy to never send your financial information via email. As an added safeguard, the Website does not collect and store credit card information.
L. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Any subject access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our administrative costs in providing you with details of the information held about you. If you would like to make such a subject access request, please send us a letter at the following address:
Epic Foundation, 115 5th Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10003
or send us an email to email@example.com with the words “Subject Access Request” in the subject line.
You are also be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of any personally identifiable information that we hold about you and have it amended as appropriate, upon written notice to
Epic Foundation 115 5th Avenue, 6th Floor New York, NY 10003.
M. REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
If you would like to refund or cancel your donation please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
N. QUESTIONS/CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy practices, PLEASE EMAIL US AT:
email@example.com to reach Epic Foundation US or developmentUK@epic.foundation to reach Epic Foundation UK LTD
OR WRITE OR CALL US AT:
Epic Foundation US – 501C3, 115 5th Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10003
phone: +1 (646) 759 7481 or
Epic Foundation UK LTD, 3rd Floor, 11-12 St James's Square, London SW1Y 4LB United Kingdom
phone: +44 (0)77 1035 5906