Founded by entrepreneur and activist Alexandre Mars, Epic is a global foundation that exists to empower and protect children, youth and our planet. Groundbreaking nonprofits often fall short of smart money to drive impact. Donors want to give more, but are held back because they lack trust, time, and knowledge. Epic serves as a bridge between the social entrepreneurs forging solutions to today’s pressing challenges, and the individuals and businesses who desire to drive positive change. Thanks to our board that covers our operational costs, 100% of the donations go directly to the organizations in our portfolio fostering lasting change. Since its creation, Epic has backed 48 nonprofit and social enterprises around the world and mobilized $54 million. For more information : www.epic.foundation
Role & Perimeter:
Reporting to Alexandre MARS, Founder & CEO
Member of the Epic leadership team composed of Alexandre Mars (Founder), Myriam Vander Elst
(Chief Engagement Officer) and Kate Riordan (Chief Programs Officer).
Global team of 15 people, composed of:
- Fund-raising team, (dev team)
- Program team, reporting to the CPO
- Marketing & communications team, reporting to the Marketing Director,
- Finance, reporting to Finance Director,
- Ambassadors team, reporting to Myriam
(All based between Paris, London, Brussels, and NYC).
Annual Budget today: Fund-raised 14 Mio (including a participation of about 2 Mio directly
sponsored by Alexandre Mars). Almost 60 Mio mobilized since the beginning
- Develop and implement global strategy & focus areas that are aligned with the foundation’s
global strategy (global positioning, fundraising objectives, and roadmaps).
- Lead and nourish 360° collective dynamics (in and out the Foundation) such as:
o cross team support and global team consistency,
o collective leadership skills in and out the Foundation,
o 360° communications and influence plans.
- Ensure relevant impact/output measures are in place to accompany, stimulate and monitor
fund raising goals and KPI’s.
- Ensure fundraising activities: ability to fundraise in the different countries Epic operates.
Managing the dev team and pushing them to outperform.
- Ensure financial health: ability to manage the budget, cost control and revenue planning.
- Ensure compliance in all operations: legal entity and governance, contracts, labour compliance,
financial compliance and reporting for various Epic’s entities(global/local).
- Build, mentor and develop a strong inspiring, agile, efficient, and globally connected team:
team well-being and coaching/promotion of team members (manage ambition and potential).
- Strongly contribute to the Foundation’s strategy and ensure high level of commitment of all
offices into the international network: Be member of the EPIC Leadership Team with healthy
interaction with Alexandre, Kate & Myriam. Be a thought leader for the development of all new
strategic projects for the Foundation such as:
o Construction of a new Epic division meant to promote Environmental & Social sustainability
o Lead the growth of Epic via Franchise developments in specific countries which could be legitimate
Epic foundation offices under the umbrella of Franchisee agreements, as a leverage to accelerate
EPIC international growth and social impact.
- We are looking for leaders with a minimum of 10 to 15+ years of work experience.
- Experience as an emblematic leader and senior executive in the profit sector, ideally related to
business development, commercial scale up, operational role with covering of financial part etc…
- A knowledge of both sectors will be ideal (but not mandatory), profit & non-profit as Epic is a
go- between for the 2 worlds.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with proven commitment to innovation and change leadership
- Relevant management abilities and experience in managing a P&L, proven skills for business