Behind the Epic movement, there is a passionate team that works tirelessly to make giving the norm. We believe that by changing civil society and advocating for systematic giving practices, by finding the most impactful organizations and creating the conditions of a more transparent, more engaged philanthropy, we can change the life of millions of children. Does this resonate with you? Then join us!
Derrière le mouvement Epic, une équipe de passionnés travaille sans relâche pour que le don devienne la norme. Nous croyons qu'en changeant la société civile, en plaidant pour une pratique du don systématique, en sélectionnant les organisations sociales les plus impactantes et en créant les conditions d'une philanthropie plus transparente et plus engagée, nous pouvons changer la vie de millions d'enfants. Cela fait du sens pour vous ? Alors rejoignez-nous!
Current Openings Offres d'emploi
Donor Engagement Associate, USA Associé(e) Engagement donateurs, Etats-Unis
Full Time — New York, United States Temps Plein — New York, Etats-UnisNonprofit, Philanthropy Philanthropie, organisations socialesFundraising, development Développement, collecte de fondsNew York, NY, USA New York, Etats-UnisFull Time, at-will Temps plein de gré à gréDepending on experience En fonction de l'expérience2—3 years 2 à 3 ansASAP Dès que possibleSend resume / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Envoyer votre CV et lettre de candidature à email@example.com
Epic is a global nonprofit startup providing solutions to make giving the norm. Epic leverages impact and giving solutions for individuals and corporations to support high-impact social organizations tackling youth and children issues globally. Epic strictly partners on a pro bono basis so that 100% of the money received goes to Epic portfolio organizations.
Launched in 2014, Epic has a global team with offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Brussels and Bangkok. The work of the organization has been featured in reviews like Business Insider, Tech Crunch and Fast Company among others.
What we are looking for
Epic is growing quickly in the United States and is looking to hire an Engagement Officer to cultivate strong relationship with our community, provide them with an amazing donor experience and activate them to be ambassadors for Epic in their own networks.
The Engagement Officer will be a key contributor to the success of Epic, from cultivating strong relationships with our existing donors, to managing events for our community and designing our onboarding platform for entrepreneurs and investors joining the Epic Sharing pledge movement.
The position will report to the VP Development and Engagement, and work in tight collaboration with the US Development team as well as the Engagement Manager for Europe to align strategies.
- Continuously thinking of how we can stay the most cutting edge on the Epic donor experience: coming up with creative ideas to show donors their impact and engage with them in the most compelling way.
- Ensuring that all processes are in place for regular touchpoints with each of our stakeholders (donors, pledgers, chapters, friends) and managing the execution of these touchpoints in the US (sending out anniversary cards, monitoring reports…)
- Designing and executing events (from intimate private gatherings to open events) to cultivate/activate our communities, in particular in SF and NY: proactively coming up with angles for panel discussions, building a pipeline of partners to co-host events with, maintaining a list of venues/catering/sponsors to leverage
- Answer incoming requests from donors (tax receipts, information on making a donation)
- Analyzing data and KPIs on a quarterly basis to evaluate the success of the strategy and adapt accordingly
- Maintain updated records on salesforce of interactions and engagement touchpoints with our US community
- Supporting the Development team on broader fundraising topics when necessary
This job is particularly a good fit for you if:
- you are people-oriented and feel a contagious passion for Epic's mission: you know how to make people feel valued, get them excited about helping us and activate them. You are excited about helping us build a movement!
- feel equally comfortable talking to a major donor, a start-up entrepreneur, a partner at a VC firm, a private banker or the HR Director of a Fortune 500 company
- are excited about retinking/reshaping the philanthropic industry
- 2-3 years of fundraising, sales or community building/engagement experience
- Experience in event management is a plus
- Demonstrated relationship building skills and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Presence and personal style to represent the organization to multiple constituents
- Authorized to work in the United States, ideally based in NY
Director of Development — East Coast Directeur/trice du Développment — Côte Est
Full Time/Part Time — New York, United States Temps plein/partiel — New York, Etats-UnisNonprofit, Philanthropy Philanthropie, organisations socialesFundraising, development Développement, collecte de fondsNew York, NY, USA New York, Etats-UnisFull Time, at-will Temps plein de gré à gréDepending on experience En fonction de l'expérience2—3 years 2 à 3 ansASAP Dès que possibleSend resume / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Envoyer votre CV et lettre de candidature à email@example.com
Epic is a global nonprofit startup which provides solutions to make giving the norm. Epic leverages impact and giving solutions for individuals and corporations to support high-impact social organizations tackling youth and children issues globally. Epic strictly partners on a pro bono basis so that 100% of the money received goes to Epic portfolio organizations.
Launched in 2014, Epic has a global team with offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Brussels and Bangkok. The work of the organization has been featured in reviews like Business Insider, Tech Crunch and Fast Company among others.
Epic is seeking a self-driven, “entrepreneurial-minded” professional to lead our East Coast Development.
We are looking for someone passionate about raising new funds for the organizations in our portfolio by actively sourcing new donors and leads and closing deals, as well as cultivating relationships with our existing donors (HNWIs, entrepreneurs, corporations and start-ups) and our broader community on the East Coast (private banks, family offices, philanthropic advisors, foundations).
Epic is a growing organization and we are looking for someone passionate about making a change and reaching ambitious growth goals. The Director of Development East Coast will work closely with Epic’s VP Development and Engagement (based in SF), Epic’s US Development Associate and management team (based in NY) on crafting and executing the short and long-term development strategy of Epic on the East Coast. The outreach efforts will initially be focused on the NY area with opportunities to expand to other cities on the East Coast.
This job is a good fit for you if you feel that you can add value to Epic though your personal network and knowledge of the sector to help build the Epic network in NY and beyond. You will specifically:
- Grow a sustained base of annual individual donors, corporations and foundations to support the charities and social businesses in Epic’s portfolio (through direct solicitation, referrals, research and networking)
- Grow a community of socially-minded entrepreneurs and investors passionate about giving back a percentage of their future success to Epic (Epic Sharing pledge)
- Oversee organization of special events with support from the team, including the end of the year fundraising gala
- Identify/create opportunities for Epic to position itself in the NY ecosystem as a thought leader: leveraging Epic’s community, developing content for sector specific gatherings, media opportunities, conferences
- Collaborate with other team members across the US, EU and Bangkok office to find creative ways to approach / cultivate donors and improve processes internally
- Maintain accurate and consistent client records in Epic’s CRM with the support of the team
- Represent Epic in the philanthropy community in NY
This is a full-time position, based in our New York offices. Epic will provide a friendly working environment as well as strong opportunities for professional growth and network building. This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, mission- driven organization focused on achieving impact and results. Epic Foundation provides an opportunity to achieve social impact while working directly with some of the most passionate and innovative leaders within a global community of philanthropists and corporate donors.
This position is right for you if you are:
- An experienced and passionate development professional: you have 5-10 years of experience – preferably on the East Coast – working with large companies, tech startups, VC firms, cutting edge non-profits and a successful track-record of raising funds
- You thrive in fast-paced environment: you have the ability to adapt to new strategies and embrace new projects rapidly
- Relationship focused: you understand the value of being a resource to others and creatively connecting people to opportunities
- Result driven: you thrive on hitting goals as well as having the ability to put short term and long-term goals in perspective
- Articulate: your outstanding written and oral skills allow you to speak powerfully and passionately about Epic to successfully evangelize about Epic and grow the local community of Epic supporters
- Mission aligned: you are fully committed to Epic’s model and vision and enthusiastic about getting more people to give back more effectively. You understand the nuances of the sector and are as comfortable talking about philanthropy with a donor new to the philanthropy space as with an established philanthropist.
- Cross cultural effective collaborator: you have experience working in a multi-cultural and global environment with managers and colleagues located remotely
Digital Marketing Manager Responsable Digital Marketing
Full Time — New York, United States Temps plein — New York, Etats-UnisNonprofit, Philanthropy Philanthropie, organisations socialesMarketing and engagement Marketing et engagementNew York, NY, USA New York, Etats-UnisFull Time, at-will Temps plein de gré à gréDepending on experience En fonction de l'expérienceApril 2018 April 20182 — 5 years 2 à 5 ansSend resume / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Envoyer votre CV et lettre de candidature à email@example.com
“I work in marketing for a probiotic company. It's okay, but there's only so much purpose I can find in healthy digestive tracts.”
‘The New York office has that pretty cool program where once a year we all go to distribute fresh fruits to homeless people in the streets. I officially have the social impact of a honeycrisp apple.”
“Don't get me wrong, I have ideas for activation, but I don't think the boss of my boss is really interested in pushing the envelope at this point.”
Sounds familiar? We hear you. Sometimes it's hard to find purpose in what we do. Marketing skills can be used to push a consumerist message, or it could contribute to change the world. About that: we kinda want to change the world, so maybe you could help us.
We are Epic. We believe that this world is full of injustices that should no longer be tolerated. Kids that die for lack of healthcare. Kids that don't go to school. Kids in human trafficking. Adults in human trafficking. Refugees on their own in a country they barely know. Gay teenagers kicked out on the street. Kids who can't read. You name it, it probably makes us boil inside. So we want to do something about it.
At Epic, we aim to find solutions for those problems. We spend 7 months every year looking for the most impactful social organizations who tackle injustices on the ground and then we fundraise for them like crazy. We work tirelessly to hack the system and find new ways for people to give. And it works. The kids in the streets of cambodia are going to school. The young girls in the slums of Mumbai are sheltered from prostitution. The AIDS orphans in Africa are getting schooled. It works, so we want to do more.
At Epic we want to make giving the norm so we can help the billion people who still live in misery. We want to advocate for companies and individuals to share their success. Will you help us?
In the 2 to 5 years since you graduated in Marketing/Communications, Business or related fields, you've had a first successful experience in marketing in a company, or a nonprofit focused on advocacy, and you are looking for a more dynamic environment. You are keen to work in a global organization that's closer to a busy startup than a traditional nonprofit.
You can write some strong copy and work fairly autonomously with impeccable time management and great organization skills. You have an appetite for technology and you may have learned a thing or two about HTML and CSS along the way, or you like to roll up your skills and tackle new skills. You know what negative space is and the difference between requirements and specifications. You are largely fluent in digital marketing with at least some exposure to audiences, conversions and targeting. You've mentored some interns or you feel ready to start and you are comfortable taking ownership of projects. Importantly, you really want to get out of bed in the morning to have an impact on the world.
If you can speak French fluently, it's a big deal, but it's definitely not a requirement.
About the position
We are growing our marketing team and the head of the department is looking to hire for a new position which would own the delivery of some strategic initiatives in the digital space. With a strengthening presence in advocacy, we aim to activate campaigns in Europe and in the US to change mindsets about giving. From newsletters to email outreach, social media advertising, influencers outreach, video and podcast production, to online presence management and traffic analysis, activation strategies, online book promotions and experiencial marketing and social media messaging, the new hire would be able to lead our efforts, explore and learn cutting-edge approaches to influence society and deliver impactful change in philanthropy.
We need our new teammate to demonstrate the following skills:
- sound understanding of market analysis, differenciation, product strategy, roadmapping. It's a marketing job after all so we are serious about that,
- an upbeat passion for the fight against injustices, because we never forget why we get up in the morning,
- fluency in digital marketing concepts: how to build a digital strategy, reach and activate audiences, measure and report on effectiveness,
- strong writing skills, meaning the ability to write concise, accurate, engaging copy that aptly describes Epic's value proposition and mission,
- strong knowledge of social media (Facebook/Twitter/Linkedin/Instagram) as the hire will eventually drive Epic's social media feeds,
- a team spirit. We work together, even if each of us is accountable for their own share,
- working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop are an advantage,
- proficiency in email platforms, particularly mailchimp,
- a sense of humor,
- basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and desire to grow these skills, and
- strong understanding of branding principles.
Sounds like you? Or mostly like you? Are you looking to make a career move? Come and talk to us. Our New York office is situated at the heart of Manhattan on fifth avenue. We provide a friendly environment, a startup atmosphere, regular social events and benefits. Join the heart of a growing, global movement.
Development Analyst Intern Stagiaire Analyste Développement
Internship, 6 months minimum — Paris, France Convention de stage, 6 mois minimum — Paris, FranceCharity / Solidarity, health, children and youth Caritatif / Solidarité, Santé, Enfance et jeunesseMajor donors, corporate philanthropy, enterprise relations Grands donateurs, Mécénat / relations entreprisesParis, France Paris, FranceInternship, 6 months minimum Convention de stage, 6 mois minimum554,40€ per month, with lunch vouchers (8€ per day, 50% paid by Epic) 554,40€ par mois, avec tickets restaurants de 8€ par jour (pris en charge à 50% par Epic)30 May 2018 30 mai 20186 months 6 mois et plusSend resume / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Envoyer votre CV et lettre de candidature à email@example.com
L’impact social est-il au cœur de vos préoccupations ? Epic (www.epic.foundation) est une startup à but non lucratif qui cherche à combattre une injustice touchant de nombreux enfants défavorisés : celle d’avoir une trajectoire de vie déterminée par leur naissance. Pour rendre aux enfants le contrôle de leur destin, Epic récolte des fonds auprès de donateurs individuels et d’entreprises. Ces dons sont entièrement reversés à un portefeuille d’associations et d’organisations sociales choisies selon un processus extrêmement sélectif et soumis à un contrôle pour rendre le geste du don plus sûr et plus transparent. Epic met aussi l’accent sur l’expérience de l’impact social au travers d’une offre variée mêlant voyages, technologie, rencontres et médias, et soutient l’innovation sociale grâce à des solutions de philanthropie spécifiques, un service de recherche de premier plan et des campagnes de sensibilisation pour tous.
Epic recherche un(e) jeune étudiant(e) en école de commerce, pour un stage de fin d’études, ayant comme objectif d’avoir un réel impact social dans le cadre de la fondation EPIC.
Le/la stagiaire sera chargé(e) de soutenir l’équipe développement à Paris, composée d’un total de 4/5 personnes, dans la mise en œuvre d’une stratégie ambitieuse de recrutement de donateurs individuels et entreprises sous la responsabilité du Directeur.
Le/la candidat(e) sera amené(e) à travailler dans une équipe jeune, avide de technologies et d'innovations, dans un environnement international fort. S'agissant d’un stage polyvalent dans une startup philanthropique à forte croissance, le/la candidat(e) devra également faire preuve de souplesse et d'adaptabilité.
Particulièrement motivé(e) par la mission d'Epic et ses valeurs, il/elle est prêt(e) à s'investir à 100% dans une campagne de prospection ambitieuse et d’assister l’équipe de développement dans la préparation et dans le suivi.
Le/la stagiaire assistera le Directeur d’Epic et l’équipe Développement en France dans la gestion de la base de données, la recherche de prospects et la veille.
Ainsi, il/elle :
- Participera à la construction et à la mise en œuvre d’une stratégie visant à développer une base large et durable de grands donateurs (particuliers, entreprises et fondations), principalement en France.
- Assurera avec l’Account Manager le suivi des dons grâce à l’utilisation de l’outil SalesForce
- Travaillera sur les priorités dans la mise en place du plan de prospection, en lien avec la Responsable Développement et le Directeur.
- Identifiera les contacts pertinents au sein des organisations ciblées.
- Aidera la Responsable Développement pour les approches directes et prises de rendez-vous auprès des décideurs (particuliers, entreprises et fondations), en fonction des besoins de celle-ci.
- Participera au suivi et relances des prospects en vue de l'obtention de leur soutien financier, en lien avec la Responsable Développement.
- Soutiendra occasionnellement la mise en œuvre des évènements et rencontres de sensibilisation, de fidélisation des donateurs et de collecte de fonds, en lien avec la Manager Special Events.
- Pourra être ponctuellement sollicité(e) pour toute autre mission portée par l’équipe d’Epic en France.
Compétences et qualifications requises pour ce poste :
- De tempérament dynamique, ouvert et autonome, le/la stagiaire sait faire preuve de rigueur, d'organisation, de persévérance et de polyvalence.
- Excellentes capacités de communication orale et écrite.
- Qualités relationnelles naturelles indispensables.
- Capacité et intérêt à travailler dans un environnement entrepreneurial international en évolution permanente.
- Réelle maîtrise de l'Anglais indispensable, à l'oral comme à l'écrit.
- Parfaite maîtrise de Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) et des réseaux sociaux.
- La connaissance de Salesforce serait un plus.
Epic propose un environnement de travail dynamique et de nombreuses opportunités de développement professionnel dans une organisation innovante qui place l’impact social au cœur de son action.
Digital Marketing intern Stagiaire Marketing Numérique
Full Time/Part Time — New York, United States Temps plein/partiel — New York, Etats-UnisNonprofit, Philanthropy Philanthropie, organisations socialesMarketing, Web Marketing, WebNew York, NY, USA New York, Etats-UnisInternship, at-will Stage de gré à gréStipend Indemnité0—2 years 0 à 2 ansImmediate ImmédiatSend resume / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Envoyer votre CV et lettre de candidature à email@example.com
Epic is currently recruiting a digital marketing intern to join its marketing and communications department at its global headquarters in New York. The responsibilities of the intern will be:
- To make updates to the web site in HTML5/CSS3/PHP/JS
- To prepare newsletters and email marketing campaigns in MailChimp
- To review and compile reports on website usage from Google Analytics and web experience platform Content Square
- To assist the community manager in designing visuals for social media ads for Google, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for how technology can be applied in marketing, a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to learn new skills, work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, global and multilingual environment. Advanced students enrolled in marketingo or digital technology/digital marketing/web management courses are welcome to apply on a part-time basis. Additionally:
- Good to advanced knowledge in HTML5/CSS3/PHP/JS is a strong advantage, and basic knowledge a requirement for this technical position
- Knowledge of programming and cloud-based deployment environments is an advantage
- Good to advanced knowledge of Mailchimp is an advantage
- Proficiency in French is a strong advantage as Epic communicates in both French and English
- Experience in A/B testing and targeting a plus
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements a plus
Epic is a global nonprofit startup where focus, expertise, agility and passion are used to change the lives of disadvantaged children by providing impact-oriented giving opportunities to individuals and corporations. At the heart of Manhattan and in 7 cities around the world, our team gathers purpose-driven individuals who use their skills to change society. Working for Epic gives you the opportunity to drive strategic influence in nonprofit advocacy, grow and leverage a network of contacts across the US and achieve social impact. Epic will provide a friendly working environment as well as strong opportunities for professional growth through exposure to a wide range of MARCOM tools. Interns will also benefit from the hands-on, entrepreneurial environment that characterizes Epic, and will thus gain insight into the workings of an innovative new organization. The position is ideal for students or professionals looking to enrich their understanding of the current philanthropic ecosystem in the US and abroad.
If you have a curious mind, ability to research autonomously, good communication skills and an appetite for proactive interactions with a wide array of professionals to advance social change, you may be a great fit. The opportunity is beginning immediately and is a 6 month position with the possibility of an extension based on performance. Current students are welcome; Epic is willing to work with faculty to enable students to obtain course credit for the internship. Marketing and communication interns receive a stipend and must be authorized to work in the United States.
Public Relations Coordinator (September 2018) Coordinateur/trice Relations Publiques (Septembre 2018)
Full Time/Part Time internship with stipend — New York, United States Stage indemnisé à Temps Plein/Partiel — New York, Etats-UnisNonprofit, Philanthropy Philanthropie, organisations socialesPublic Relations, Communication, Events Relations Publiques, Communication, EvénementsNew York, NY, USA New York, Etats-UnisInternship, at-will Stage de gré à gréStipend Indemnité0—2 years 0 à 2 ansImmediate Dès que possibleSend resume / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Envoyer votre CV et lettre de candidature à email@example.com
The Public Relations Coordinator is an internship position. The PR Coordinator will be based in NYC and will report to the PR & Media Associate to fulfill the mission of the Communications team. He/she will be responsible for supporting various projects across the communications function, especially as it relates to advancing Epic's thought leadership through media, events, and speaking engagements. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research trends and develop media opportunities
- Find, apply and track progress on events and speaking engagements
- Create media list and pitch broadcast, print, and online media
- Write copy for press releases, interviews, op-eds, and other opportunities
- Assist with event and project management
- Monitor and compile international media clippings
- Other tasks and duties as needed
- Recent college graduate or graduate student
- 6+ months of experience in media, public relations, communications or related field
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Passionate and team player
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- Strong researcher
- Proactive and can-do mentality
- Knowledge of French is an advantage but not a requirement.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
The internship is ideal for a recent college graduate or graduate student looking to enrich their understanding of the current philanthropic ecosystem in the US and abroad. Epic will provide a friendly working environment as well as strong opportunities for professional growth through exposure to a wide range of communications and marketing tools. The PR Coordinator will also benefit from the hands-on, entrepreneurial environment that characterizes Epic, and will thus gain insight into the workings of an innovative new organization.