Epic is seeking an experienced, self-driven, “entrepreneurial-minded” professional to raise funds in New York City. In collaboration with the Vice President of Development for North America, and the Epic's Executive Team, the candidate will be responsible for sourcing and building a community of philanthropists and corporate donors. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of daily fund raising activities, including leveraging strong contacts with HNWI and corporations. The candidate will also represent Epic in the philanthropy community in New York. This position will be based at Epic's headquarters in New York, United States of America.
Epic will provide a friendly working environment as well as strong opportunities for professional growth and network building. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative organization focused on achieving a social impact.
- Identify, connect and engage with potential donors including HNWI, corporations, foundations, private banks and family offices.
- Build partnerships with private banks, wealth management firms, donor advised funds, multi-family offices, corporate foundation and other philanthropy groups to establish a line of communication to promote Epic
- Develop and track fundraising proposals in view of closing donation agreements
- Execute the day-to-day stewardship of active donors in New York to ensure a high-level of customer support and service
- Establish and nurture existing relationships with philanthropy forums and think tanks
- Relay any recommended NGO and social enterprises to the Programs team of Epic
- Occasionally act as a local point of contact for the local NGOs and social enterprises in the portfolio of Epic
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced hands-on, entrepreneurial environment
- Significant international experience with high cultural competency
- Network of contacts in private banks, wealth management firms, donor advised funds, multi-family offices, corporate foundation and other philanthropy groups
- Ability to represent the vision of the company to audiences of all demographics
- Rain-maker with a proven track record to close deals
- Demonstrated ability to navigate in large organizations to engage with decision makers
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Positive personality with ability to generate creative solutions and take initiative
- Flexibility to travel